Skip to content
Dear Florence (Pugh)
- 01. Florence and her “Little Women” co-stars are in a group text called “Big Chicks,” which consists of photos of everyone in their “funny costumes.”
- 02. As a child, Florence suffered from tracheomalacia and was frequently hospitalized. When she was three, the family relocated to Andalusia in southern Spain, hoping the warmer weather would improve her health. “Even though we moved out there for other reasons, looking back on it, I’m so happy I had that childhood—in and out of the sea naked, cycling down the road in my knickers, and bartering with the sweet shop owner.”
- 03. Florence loves Yorkshire tea: “Always have a travel size bag full of Yorkshire tea bags, because you never know when you’re going to need them.”
- 04. She is really close to her grandmother: “My gran is so cool…she is like 84, she’s really fit and healthy, she goes hiking all the time! […] She sees my movies. She watched Midsommar, and at the end she kind of patted me on the knee and was like, ‘I didn’t know what was going on, but that was marvelous!”
- 05. Florence’s older brother, Toby Sebastian, is also an actor – he played Trystane Martell in Game of Thrones.
- 06. She sings, writes her own songs (mostly acoustic, folksy stuff), and plays the guitar and the piano.
- 07. Florence went to the same school as Sir Laurence Olivier, Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington.
- 08. Her first middle name is Rose, but her second and third middle names which start with C and M are still unknown.
- 09. Florence landed her first film role in The Falling, after her first-ever audition at 17 years old. She went to the audition straight after school and it went so well that Morley said it was ‘like a young Kate Winslet walking into the room‘.